Joy of Christmas Book Tag
I am looking for things to post. I've found a couple of holiday book tags which look entertaining. Here is the first one.
Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
- I am really looking forward to Diane Setterfield's new book Once Upon a River that just came out this week. I hope it's as good as her first one.
Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
- Obviously that would be Donna Leon. I am slowly reading through her entire ouevre and I love them.
Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
- I'm going to go back to Heartstone by Ella Katharine White for this one. Yes, it's a Pride and Prejudice retelling, but it isn't set in a real era or world. She had to build this world where the ruling class are friends with dragons and the populace is dealing with attacks by various mythical creatures.
A Christmas Carol Favorite classic or one that you want to read
- My favorite classic is Pride and Prejudice. But I feel like re-reading Persuasion. I also want to read some more Dickens.
Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
- Winter by Ali Smith. I am feeling a tug for that one recently.
Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
- Any of the Jane Austen Mysteries by Stephanie Barron. I think this series is done because I noticed she's gone on to write a book about Virginia Woolf and one about Churchill's mother.
Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
- Oh boy. This could be quite a list.
Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
- I mostly love the atmosphere of Christmas. All the hustle and bustle is over and I can relax. I spend Christmas Eve at the church with my dancers every year. That is a great joy, but it is also tiring. We are together for about 8 hours. By Christmas Day I am ready to collapse.
How about you? What are your answers?