Genre Book Tag
I found this fun little tag on YouTube. [Here] is the link to the original creator of the tag.
- What are your favorite genres? - My favorite genre is probably fantasy. But also mystery and non-fiction books about books and reading.
- What are your least favorite genres? - My least favorite genre is probably horror. I like to sleep at night. Also, probably urban fiction. I haven't run across one of those that's well-written yet.
- What is a genre you'd like to try? - I feel like I've tried them all?? But I could probably read more sci-fi.
- What is genre you don't want to try? - I don't think I'll be reading horror anytime soon. I read some Stephen King in high school, which is when people normally try out scary things.
- What is a genre that you're not sure about? - I am still unsure about Romance as a genre. I know that recently, romance writers have gotten over some of the problematic issues that have been prevalent in romance books of the past. I keep dipping my toe in the water. It's been fine, but it's not my new favorite.
- What is a genre blend you love? - I love Mystery and anything. Fantasy mystery? Great! Sci-fi Mystery? Give it to me. Historical mystery is definitely a fave.
- What is a genre defying book? - This is a hard one. I am going to have to go with Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's fantasy, historical fiction, it's mystery. It's a lot of things all rolled into one.
Tell me your answers in the comments!